Forgiveness


I know this might be a harder post to read...but it is part of the devotional and something as a wife I feel needs to addressed.

If you are a believer in Christ, one of the beliefs we stand by is that we are forgiven. What Jesus did on the cross was for our sins. His act of sacrificial love wiped our slates clean.

As a wife and a believer, I am called to treat K the same way. Let me repeat that so it sinks in...I am to forgive K in all circumstances as Jesus forgives me.
But...what if he does this? Or you don't know how bad he treated me and he doesn't deserve it. I want to stay mad. Have these thoughts crossed your mind?

We have to hold it up to the truth of God. We are to be obedient and forgive no matter what because that's what God does for us. Even though we don't deserve it. And you know what else? He forgets it. God never brings it up again.
By being a forgiving wife, I "restore harmony, peace, and agreement in my marriage" (Smith, 35). Something else she said that really spoke volumes to me and I have to fight the flesh on: "Remember, Christ did not wait for an apology from anyone before surrendering Himself in humility to make things right." (Smith, 35).

Question to ponder:
How can you participate in the ministry of reconciliation in your marriage? For me, I am working on my attitude. I mentioned that the hardest thing right now is the late nights and the working so much. And the stress has made him edgier and sometimes he makes comments I don't appreciate. So when I feel myself get mad, I ask God to change my attitude. I forgive K and don't hold it against him.
Until next time, have a great day!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways to Have True Intimacy with Your Spouse

What Will You Choose?

Not another New Year's Resolution post...