Monday, March 21, 2016

5 Habits We Avoid in Our Marriage

K and I's 8th wedding anniversary is Friday. We have had 8 wonderful years. He is my best friend; God has truly blessed me with an amazing man. Usually for our anniversary we will go out of town, but this time we are indulging in being nerds and going see a movie we are highly excited about: Batman Vs. Superman. We are complete super hero nerds...We watch The Flash, Agents of Shield, Arrow. We love the Marvel movies. I love that we share this obsession. Personally, I am rooting for Superman, but we'll see!

I have posted before about what makes our marriage great and what works for us. I started thinking about some things we don't do that also keeps our marriage strong. So I thought for this post I will talk about what we don't do: 5 things we avoid to keep our marriage strong:


  1. I will never post anything on social media degrading or negative about K. He trusts me with his reputation and trust in our marriage is so important. I don't want anyone thinking badly of him and I respect him. For these reasons I won't bad mouth him.
  2. We don't run to others when we have issues. Our issues are just that...our issues. I don't expect anyone else to handle them and if there is something I can't handle, I go to the Lord with it. Then we address it. 
  3. We never call each other names when we are disagreeing...and we don't curse at each other. Don't get me wrong, we get mad. We argue; sometimes it gets pretty heated. But name calling and cursing are not allowed. It's a rule. 
  4. We don't do everything together. Wait, what?? Yep, we do allow each other sometime apart aside from work time. I love to scrapbook and read, which you regular readers know; he loves to play video games. We allow each other time to ourselves when we need it. Trust me, it's healthy as long as it's not constant.
  5. We don't hide things from each other. We share everything together: our day, our plans, our finances, our purchases...everything. It's one of the many perks of being married. You have this one person that you can share everything with for the rest of your life. I take advantage of it!
There you have it! These are 5 things that we avoid to keep us connected and strong!

Until next time, have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment