Monday, November 30, 2015

5 Easy Ways to Stay Connected Through the Holidays

Hi!! I promise I am still around! How was your Thanksgiving? Ours was wonderful. It was the first year in a while that we hosted and had his parents and my family over and it was great. There was one simple rule: you had to bring something. We played UNO and had lots of laughs and watched our nephews play together. Then after we did our annual Black Friday shopping. Can I brag a little? Well, not only do we have all of our little nieces and nephews Christmas shopping done (there are 9!!) but we got some awesome toys half off!! We LOVE Black Friday shopping. After the busyness, we had 2 wonderfully laid back days where we spent a lot of time together. It was amazing.

Because of the busyness of Thanksgiving, I was inspired to share some tips of how to keep your connection during the Christmas season from disappearing. Here are 5 simple ways to stay connected:


1) Have a Christmas movie night- I am stealing this idea from my sister and expanding on it. Starting December 1st, she plans to watch 25 days of Christmas movies. I thought this was a cute idea for K and I to do also! I love Christmas movies. I have to watch a Charlie Brown Christmas and A Christmas Story every year. So why not do it together? I have to tweak this a little though because some nights K works late. So on late nights, I will find Christmas episodes from our fave T.V. shows.



2) Pray together- When K and I pray together, I feel so connected to him and God. This is a great way to not only stay connected to your spouse, but to God. Pray about everything!


3) Buy for each other- Have you ever run into this problem? You have been together for years and buying for your significant other becomes frustrating. You don't know what to get them anymore. K and I have been there. Several years! But last year we tried something new. We set a limit and each of us made a wish list of ideas the other could pick from...items that could fit into a stocking. On Christmas Eve, we opened them together. It was a lot of fun and put the magic of gift giving back in our Christmas!


4) Turn off the electronics- After K comes home from work, I try to stay off my phone and kindle. It doesn't always work, but I try. During this holiday season, make an effort to put down the electronics and limit your browsing to really spend time together.


5) Communicate throughout the day- I am a texter. Blame it on the fact that I love to write: texting is my go to communication. Because of this, K and I text each other throughout the day. This helps on busy days and late working nights. It helps you stay connected and remind them that you are thinking of them.

What are some ways you plan to stay connected to your spouse this holiday season? Do you have any special traditions? 

Until next time, have a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment