Monday, September 14, 2015

Show Your Husband Some Love

There are so many ways I show K that I love him. Cooking his favorite meal, spending time with him, doing something he wants to do...watching the entire Star Wars collection because of the new movie being released in December. There are many ways...


This book by Lisa Jacobson gave me more great ideas to show K that I love him. I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a very quick read as she lists each way on separate pages with a brief reason. Here are some of the ways that stood out to me and some I need to work on:

  1. Welcome him home (12)- When our husbands come home, we want them to feel welcomed and loved. This is their safe haven from a day full of hard work and stress. I wish I could say this is something I have practiced since the beginning, but hey, I am still learning. And I am working on it. So when K comes home, I greet him with a smile and a kiss. 
  2. Pray for him (16)- I love how she says that he needs a praying wife and to ask for protection. Who better to protect him than our Lord? 
  3. Be best friends (18)- This is so important to me and has been since the beginning. K is my best friend. He knows me best and everything about me. There is no one else in this world that I want to be with more and who to share everything with. (Except for Jesus, of course). Make it your mission that your spouse is your best friend. It changes your whole outlook and marriage.
  4. No Plan B (19)- Stick through it together until the end. Experience everything together: the good, the bad, and the really ugly. 
  5. Be affectionate (37)- Touch, kiss, play, hug...all the fun stuff
  6. Speak well of him in front of and around others (38)- As I have mentioned before, this is very important to me and was so glad to read it here. As she states, "never let anyone doubt you're his biggest fan." I don't want anyone to think negatively of K, and this is something I always practice. I want who I am in contact with to know how special he is to me, and I want him to know his reputation is safe with me.
  7. Let him take care of you (40)- For some reason, I struggle with this. My issue is I don't lean on him. I take on everything so he doesn't have to worry about it. But, I need to let him take care of me too. We are in this together and sometimes I need his help.
  8. Thank him for all he does- (69)- Not taking him for granted is something that needs to be practiced on my part. He is a hard worker and makes so many things possible that I want to make sure he knows how much I appreciate him. 
  9. Put your love for God first- (96) God is the third person in our marriage. He is a vital part and rock of our relationship and he deserves our love and praise. 
  10. Compliment him (123)
These were just a few of the great ideas and reminders that she had in her book and ones that I made my own. I would recommend this easy read to anyone who needs reminders. It's a perfect book for those whose life has become routine and you need some ideas to show your spouse how special they are. 

Until next time, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment