I have been very disappointed with entertainment news lately. First it was Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert who called it quits after 4 years of marriage. Especially after they had said divorce was never an option. Then this morning I turn on the television to find out that Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are getting a divorce after 20+ years, along with Reba McIntire and her husband of 25+ years. I understand that touring and the entertainment world is full of its hardships...but isn't marriage worth working on? Is a career really more important than making sure you have a happy marriage that lasts?? Everyone has dreams and I am a firm believer in pursuing them, but when you get married, pursue them together. I don't know what happened in these situations and it's definitely their business not mine, it just seems to be an epidemic. Every time I turn on the news, another couple has fallen prey to divorce and has called it quits.
I know that there are situations that divorce is unavoidable. I know a few people where that was the only option that was presented to them, know matter what they tried. So, it happens...
So for this post, I want to share with you what makes K and I's marriage special...things that make it divorce proof and I pray that you can use some of these tips for your marriage. And just maybe there will be more marriages out there that will stand firm and make it work...
- There is no plan B. We will work through it...no matter what
- When we have a problem...we go to God with it and we trust him to handle it and get us through it
- We forgive each other...EVERY TIME.
- We laugh. A LOT.
- We trust each other and don't hide anything from each other...or lie to each other. That isn't an option
- We do things together and have fun together. We date each other...often. It didn't stop when we got married
- We trust God through good and bad times
- We lean on each other for everything
- We pray together (the couple that prays together, stays together)
- We say I love you...daily
Until next time...have a great day!