Thursday, July 9, 2015

Seeking God Together through Rough Times

Life is starting to get back to some normalcy. This has been a rough year.

I hope this doesn't sound like complaining, because I'm not. I just want you to understand that K and I aren't perfect. Even though we have a happy marriage, we hit bumps, hurdles, sometimes pot holes that swallow us. The main point of this is how we make it through it. Like the country song says, "every storm runs out of rain".

It started last Sept with a death in my family.. Shortly after, I started with chronic back pain that kept me out of work for a month. (Which I am still and apparently always will deal with it.) Fast forwarding through the year, we went through changes with K's job (involved many late nights), my grandma's knee surgery (and recovery with us), and two huge car repairs we were not expecting. There were days and nights we were beyond drained and exhausted.

Enough of the depressing stuff, right? Here's the bright side...there are two big things that happened in the mist of this rough patch.

1) K and I are closer than ever. 
I have heard many couples drift apart through hard times. I was determined not to let that happen. It was hard...don't get me wrong. There were a few late nights he worked that it bothered me and I let him know. I missed him and wanted him home. I needed him. But after a lot of praying, I realized he needed me too. K needed me to be strong and supportive. Instead of nagging him about the late nights, I thanked him for his hard work. There were times when something he did would aggravate me. And I have a bad habit of taking my frustration out on him when I am stressed. But with even more praying and K's amazing patience, I have gotten a lot better. When I feel overwhelmed, his arms are the first place I go. God gave me the strength I needed to get through this with K. Instead of pulling apart, God pulled us even closer together.

2) The key to getting through these storms was our trust and dependency on God. 
My relationship with God has gotten stronger. And a lot of times that is why we go through the storms. To see God on the other side. I have learned to trust him when it's the hardest. Sometimes the waiting is worse than the storm, but I know God will take care of us and trusting his plan is greater than mine is how I get through it.


Until next time, have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment