Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I feel pretty...

I have mentioned several times that I love Sheila Wray Gregoire's blog, To Love, Honor, and Vacuum. I have learned so much from her and have gotten some great marriage tips and ideas for this blog. In fact, I may even sound like a broken record. But you should check out her blog. It's really amazing. I don't always agree with everything she says, but I don't expect you to always agree with me either. :) Well, I have been inspired yet again by her. And this time I am challenging myself. She posted a blog titled Fighting the Frump. It definitely hit me at the right time. Lately, I have been wearing frumpy shorts and old t-shirts and no makeup. It was the easiest and most comfortable and I had just really focused on taking care of my grandma and didn't care. After reading her post, I realized I need to care. I had lost respect for myself and what I looked like. It wasn't fair to me or to K. He doesn't say anything...he even tells me I don't need makeup. But I don't feel good about the way I have been looking. And I want him to like what he sees.

Taking care of ourselves should be important to us as wives. Now that may mean different things to you. Whether it's wearing nice clothes, wearing makeup, accessories, whatever it means to you, it should convey and show respect for ourselves and our husbands.



This is what fighting the frump means to me: I am challenging myself to only wear cotton shorts or pajama pants if K and I are having a pajama day. And here's the real challenge: for the duration of the summer. Why might this be a challenge? Because I am off of work and won't return until September. I want this to become a daily habit. I want to feel better about myself. I don't plan to dress up; I will stick to casual dress like blue jeans or blue jean shorts. I mean,this is South LA...it's hot. But I can make a pair of blue jean shorts look cute ;) And I love a good fitted t-shirt. So that maybe a look I go for on a stay at home day. But I plan to dress it up and stay away from frumpy. I challenge myself to start wearing makeup more. I like wearing makeup. I have gotten lots of tips from my sister (check out her blog...she is an amazing makeup artist). But even something as simple as powder, eyeliner, and mascara can go a long way.

So, this is me starting my challenge today! Here I am with no makeup...


 And here I am with my hair brushed, a little powder, eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss, and simple jewelry.

I have to say, I am excited and motivated to do this challenge. I will post periodically with pics and keep you updated on how I am doing. I am doing this for K, but I am mainly doing this for me too. I love feeling good about myself and feeling pretty. And I don't think there is anything wrong with something that will help us and motivate us to feel pretty :)

So what about you? Will you join me in this challenge?

Until next time...have  great day!


2 comments:

  1. Go you! I love you so much! And you're so beautiful without makeup but I am glad you are challenging yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your encouragement! I think this challenge is just what I need! I love you too so much!

    ReplyDelete