Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Some of my favorite things...



Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! K and I are still experiencing firsts. For the first time in 15 Christmases, we were home alone on Christmas day. The holiday season is always jammed packed for us trying to get to different families houses...well the night before my birthday I started with chills, fever, achyness, the works. So on my birthday (the 22nd) I went to the doctor to see what was going on. I felt horrible. And I had the flu. K came home that night feeling horrible as well, and ended up with the flu also. So for Christmas, we stayed home exchanged a few presents and watched movies all day. I think God was trying to tell us to slow down. I love my family and spending time with them, but I have to say that the change of pace was nice. We have since started feeling much better and celebrated my birthday and Christmas several times with different family members, but last week being able to slow down and just enjoy each other's company was very nice.




Do you remember Myspace? I used myspace a lot and liked being able to personalize my page. They used to have tons of favorite lists to fill out in the news feed. I loved those things.


My sister has two wonderful blogs: Beauty on a budget and The Finding Me Project. You should definitely check them out! After reading her latest blog on her favorite things, I thought it would be an interesting post for you to have some insight into who I am and some of my favorite things...





1. Favorite pet I ever had: The only pet I ever had was Patches, my mom's dog. I guess she is my favorite. She only loves me when K is around. She used to sleep with me though when I lived at home


2. Favorite car I've owned: K's Hyundai Elantra. Can't wait until we can trade my Nissan in and that car is mine :)


3. Favorite meal out, ever: When K proposed to me at an Italian Restaurant in town. It was so sweet and he was so nervous!


4. Favorite food I've cooked: I love to cook spaghetti and chili


5. Favorite food from childhood: My dad's nachos


6. Favorite drink on a hot summer day: Iced tea


7. Favorite drink on a cold winter night: Hot chocolate


8. Favorite conversation I've ever had with a person: I really don't have a favorite. But K is always funny to talk to


9. Favorite movie of all time: I don't have just one. The Notebook, The Princess Bride, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Underworld...names a few


10. Favorite book of all time: Again...can't pick just one. The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins), Dead Until Dark (Charlaine Harris), the Harry Potter series (J.K.Rowling) just to name a few


11. Teacher who changed my life, and why: I had two very influential teachers. My 7th grade teacher, Mr. Abbott, helped me find my love for acting. He encouraged me to get involved in drama and to this day I wish I would have stuck with it. Also, I had the same English teacher for 8th, 11th, and 12th grade. She started teaching my 8th grade year and helped my love for English.


12. Professional mentor who changed my life, and why: Two people again. K is a very professional person and I admire his work ethics and how he started from the bottom at the bank and worked his way up. I am so proud of him. I also look up to my grandma for her professional leadership. She was a nurse for 25 years and knew that was what God wanted her to do. I admire her for the hard work and determination she displayed to achieve it


13. Favorite color: I have always loved purple since I was a kid


14. Favorite song: Love Like Crazy by Lee Brice and Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band


15. The best paid entertainment I've ever seen: K will be so proud for this one. In 2004 I surprised him with tickets to see his fave band, Metallica. That was the best concert I have ever been to.


16. Favorite hobby activity that makes me get lost for hours: Scrapbooking


17. The most fun road trip I ever took... where and with whom: The last vacation K and I took to TN was amazing. We had so much fun...it was so relaxed and it is long overdue that we do that again.


18. My favorite flower - purchased: Fire and Ice Roses


19. The most treasured book in my library: My bible my grandma has given me


20. The most important tool in my craft/ hobby stuff: My Cricut


21. The coolest handmade gift I ever gave anyone: my photo calendars


22. The most healthy and vital time in my life was/is? For the past 2 years I have kept off almost 45 pounds


23. Song that makes me move no matter how bad I feel? Light Em Up by Fall Out Boy


24. My favorite patriotic experience? This was an experience I will never forget. K, my mom, and I went to San Antonio to see my brother graduate from the Dental Clinic at Fort Sam Houston. We went to church with him and seeing hundreds of soldiers dressed in their uniforms worshiping God...was a sight I will never forget.


25. My one favorite item of clothing? I am a big t-shirt person. I have a couple favorite t-shirts I love to wear


26. The one item I would take to the desert island? a cell phone


No comments:

Post a Comment