Monday, October 6, 2014

Good times and bad...

I can honestly say that this past week and a half has been one of the hardest weeks my family has ever been through. As a married couple, it has also been one of the hardest years we have been through. We lost 2 of K's uncles within 2 weeks of each other early this year, plus K's surgery, and this week my step-dad passed away. Death is hard to deal with but this was the first time it was this close to our family. I have a young family. It's really hard to know how to deal with it.

But...I am one of five siblings and we all rallied together and pulled together to support my mom.

I think one of the most important things as a couple that we did was we relied on each other. Instead of giving in to the stress and being completely overloaded, K and I are leaning on each other and it has helped me so much. We are getting through it and helping my family make it through. I am one who lashes out at others, but I didn't. I think I talked about this before in my firsts post...but it really is so important to lean on each other through rough times. It tests your relationship, but what you do with the tests is what makes a marriage strong.

One other very important thing K and I have done through this rough year is lean on our Father in heaven. He gives you strength when you need it most and he is strengthening our marriage through it. Pray pray pray for strength.


One last piece of advice...
Treasure the stolen moments of comfort from each other. When you need a hug, don't be afraid to ask for it. Let him wrap his arms around you and relish in it. Cry on his shoulder. In times of grief, a lot of couples grow apart because they push their loved ones away...let God strengthen your relationship and don't be afraid to need them. That's a huge part of this journey together.


No comments:

Post a Comment